The BIP Foley TempSensor is an indwelling urinary catheter which combines continuous temperature monitoring with Bactiguard’s infection prevention technology. A great benefit to patients in intensive care, surgery and other conditions where continuous temperature monitoring is critical in monitoring the health status and wellbeing of the patient.
The unique Bactiguard technology reduces microbial adhesion on the catheter
The Bactiguard infection prevention technology is based on a very thin noble metal alloy coating firmly attached to the catheter surface. When in contact with urine, the noble metals create a galvanic effect which reduces microbial adhesion to the catheter material. Fewer adhesion decreases the risk of biofilm formation leading to infection.
Increased patient safety for critically ill patients
BIP Foley TempSensor offers both infection prevention and surveillance in the same product, a great benefit for patients in intensive care, surgery and other conditions where continuous temperature monitoring is critical in monitoring the health status and wellbeing of the patient. The Bactiguard coated catheter is equipped with an extra channel that contains a temperature sensor that is connected to an external monitor and connects to suitable 400 Series patient monitor.
- Bactiguard coating on inside and outside of the catheter
- Hydrophilic coating reduces friction and increases patient comfort
- Approved for transurethral use for up to 30 days
- Sizes for both adults and children, 8 Fr – 18 Fr
- Measuring range 25°C to 45°C
- Accuracy of +0.1° / -0.2°C
- Response time <150 sec
- Connects to suitable 400 Series patient monitor
- MRI Conditional
- Radio-opaque catheter tip
- 5 years shelf life
- DEHP free (no phthalates)